How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really easy to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.