How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.