How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.